Wednesday, August 31, 2016

August Wrap Up 2016

   August was certainly as busy as July was, and I definitely got as much reading done, maybe more. Starting with a bunch of books that I had to get done for publishers. 
   Like last month, my family went camping again. This time to a closer location, maybe 15 minutes away from my home. Because of the campsite being so close, we ended up having a ton of visitors. They ranged from visits from family, to friends, to many squirrels that decided to taunt and mess with my dog. Then there was my new hammock that I got to finally try out, unfortunately everyone else had the same idea too..

   After camping, for a brief moment of actually being my home after a week of camping, I was able to celebrate my best friends birthday with her! We spent the evening hanging out with her boyfriend, and another friend of ours, then going out to eat. Overall I had an amazing time, and I couldn't have been happier that my bestie wanted to spend her birthday with me. 
   Then exactly the next morning my family went on a quick weekend trip to the US, Fargo, North Dakota to be exact. Sometimes we enjoy heading down there for a weekend of shopping, and oh boy did we shop. My bank account is weeping still, and it's been a couple of weeks already. oops. I did get tons of amazing shoes, purses and clothes though.....
   Probably the best thing about that trip was that I finally got to use my Cold Stone Creamery gift card that Steph had gotten me for my birthday last year. We don't have CSC in Canada, so we had to celebrate the occasion with a ridiculous picture after waiting so long to try it.
   Besides that, I've worked the rest of the time or I've spent my time driving my sisters around for summer camps or work as well. Not the best way to spend the last few days of my Summer Break but whatever.
   With University starting shortly, I've had to say goodbye to a few of my friends who went out of province for school. I'm excited for them to go to school out there, but I'm sure as heck going to miss them. 
   And that sums up my August, with me going to University for the first time I'm not sure what you guys should expect for September. I already have a ton of things scheduled and ready to go, but I guess we'll have to see where things take me from there.
   Until next month!

   Now for the monthly stats:

Books Read:


Book Haul:

The Swan Riders by Erin Bow (ARC)
Sisters of Salt and Iron by Kady Cross (Hardcover)
Every Last Breath by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Paperback)
Let's Get Lost by Adi Alsaid (German Edition Hardcover)
The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon (Hardcover)
Trono de cristal by Sarah J Maas (Spanish Edition)
Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes (ARC)
Sea Glass by Maria V. Snyder (Paperback)
Graceling by Kristin Cashore (Hardcover)
The Turning by Jennifer Armintrout (Paperback)
A Hunger Like No Other by Kresley Cole (Paperback)
Recreated by Colleen Houck (Hardcover)
P.S. I Like You by Kasie West (Hardover)


   A HUGE thank you to Simon and Schuster, Adi Alsaid, my best friend and my sister for 
most of the books I received from this month!

Books Reviewed:


September Releases I'm Excited For:



   That's August! I'm super excited to see what's to come, but I'm also super nervous at the same time. Anyone else starting University for the first time this fall? Tell me about some of your new experiences, I'd love to hear them!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I do see every comment you make, and will will do my best to reply ASAP. Just remember to check back here later for a reply!