Thursday, March 20, 2014

Book Review: Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi

Release Date: February 4th, 2014
Read: March 14- 17th, 2014
Publisher: HarperCollins
Series: Shatter Me #3
Format: Paperback, 408 pages
Source: Bought



Description from GoodReads:

   
   With Omega Point destroyed, Juliette doesn’t know if the rebels, her friends, or even Adam are alive. But that won’t keep her from trying to take down The Reestablishment once and for all. Now she must rely on Warner, the handsome commander of Sector 45. The one person she never thought she could trust. The same person who saved her life. He promises to help Juliette master her powers and save their dying world . . . but that’s not all he wants with her.



Review:

Contains Spoilers:

   It's time, I think, to break free.
   I'm stuck here thinking there could have been a fourth or maybe even a fifth book in this series. I first picked up Shatter Me because I'll admit it, the cover. I loved how Juliette would doubt herself and cross out her original thoughts and rewrite them. I'd never seen it before, it intrigued me and I was even happier when Tahereh put more of them in the book. What authors can do and create will never stop amazing me.  But continuing on, there were so many things Tahereh had to rap up in Ignite  Me. With some things she did it perfectly, but when it came to Warner and Adam being brothers? The way that ended did not justice to the book. One moment of an argument just didn't make sense, to have gone all your life without any siblings then to just give in to someone saying "You have two siblings you didn't know about." That's not how life works. Same went with Adam giving up Juliette, with all of the different outbursts from Adam you would think that either he would have not have gotten over her so easily. What was with that? Love doesn't fade that easily. Thus why I think more books would have been better.
   Even with all the ways I thought could have been changed the book was overall a good read, with Tahereh's writing skills you can truly see her technic in almost every paragraph. As with as much hype as I heard for Chapter 55 it absolutely lived up to its expectations.  I definitely look forward to Tahereh's next book whenever that will be. For now I'll just settle with her fabulous tweets on Twitter.

psst... Team Warner for life.


Rating:








Favourite Quote:

“Aaron Warner Anderson, chief commander and regent of Sector 45, son of the supreme commander of The Reestablishment. He has a soft spot for fashion.” 


Recommend to People Who Enjoy:

Young Adult, Science Fiction, Romance, Paranormal, Fantasy, Dystopia 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I do see every comment you make, and will will do my best to reply ASAP. Just remember to check back here later for a reply!