About the Blog
Ever since I became addicted to reading, ( Thank you Twilight Saga) I've wanted to be a writer. But, I never really knew how to start. So when my mom suggested that I start a blog to get some experience, I thought it was a terrific idea. Combining my love for writing, organizing and social media, a blog was born! Ohana Reads was created on January 3rd, 2014.
About the Blogger
One day I would like to be work in the book publishing industry, and starting September 2016 I will actually be going to the University of Winnipeg to become a publicist.
Here are some random facts about me:
- I am from Winnipeg, Manitoba, but I live just outside of the city. (It's in Canada, the great white north.)
- With living in Winnipeg, Manitoba, you just have to love Slurpees. We've been the Slurpee Capital of the world for what I believe is the past 16 years, so it's a safe bet to say that it's one of my favourite beverages.
- In my spare time when I'm not reading or doing other things, I enjoy watching my favourite TV shows, alone or with my family. Our favourites being, Grey's Anatomy, The Flash, Arrow, Super Girl, DC's Legends of Tomorrow, The 100 and Jane the Virgin.
- Before I became a blogger, I entered a contest to be apart of Amy Plum's If I Should Die Book trailer and actually ended up winning! You can see a picture of me in the book trailer here!
|My sister, me and Kiera Cass at YALLFest 2014|
In November 2014, I went to South Carolina to attend YALLFest. I got to meet many of my favourite authors including Jennifer L. Armentrout and Kiera Cass along with a bunch of others! I had the time of my life.
In May 2016, I went to Chicago for BEA 2016 and BookCon 2016 with one of my Best Friends, Stephanie Jolly from Doodle's Book Reviews. It was definitely a whole new scale than YALLFest ever was, and holy crap was it a blast. Coming back from my trip, I came home with over 80 books, and I was able to meet 3 of my 4, all time favourite authors. Cassandra Clare, Sarah J. Maas, and Richelle Mead.
- For most of my social media sites I personally take the photos. I enjoy photography, editing the photos is another thing that I enjoy to do as well. It just makes them personal and shows the beauty the photographer/ I saw in the shot.
*In October 2015, I got to meet Kelley for a second time and it was great to have seen her again!
- I'm going to do a little self promotion here, If you LOOOVE Ohana Reads then you should definitely check out my shirt/mug/phone case design on Red Bubble that I have for sale! You can check that out here. I also sell other bookish things too!