Although a lot was accomplished, I didn't stick to some of my goals like I said I would. I didn't host any giveaways, I didn't really advertise my posts, but I did talk to bloggers and my online friends more! This year, things will definitely be different than last year, although I'm not sure if that's for the best yet.
This is my Break Down of the Year:
Over 140, 950 Total page views
208 Published Comments
384 Published Posts
My Top Series Enders of 2013 being my most viewed post...at 47, 310 views
The Ohana Reads 2nd Blogiversary Post being my most viewed post of 2016... at 731 views
59 Bloglovin Followers
14 GFC Followers
53 People have me in their Circles
895 Twitter Followers
86 Facebook likes
381 Instagram Followers
Like every year, I say I only ever focus on a few sites in particular, and this year is no different. Twitter was definitely a priority this year, and in my mind GFC is as well, even if I don't boost it often.
Although it varies everyday, I'm really satisfied with my average number of pageviews per day, this year. I find that I get around 250 pageviews, roughly each day. To think that 250 people visit my blog a day, honestly just amazes me. That number sure has grown since I first started out.
I know I said this last year as well, but this year I think I'm really going to drop Facebook. I don't even check my blogs Facebook page anymore, and so I think that it's really time to go. I guess we'll see, what happens with that.
Like always, the year wouldn't have been anything with out amazing friends and amazing people in general. Here are the people that made my year great. (Definitely give them a follow)
People Who Made 2016 Great:
Joy from Joyousreads
Kristie from Lost in Ever After
Sara from Just Another Story
Sabrina from Behind the Book Reviews
Mari, Ola and Lauren from The Autumn Bookshelf
Nori from Read Write Love 28
Brittany from Brittany's Book Rambles
Steph from Doodle's Book Reviews
Like usual, Stephanie was a huge part of my year, I even got to meet her for the first time. It was the best feeling, finally being able to meet one of your best friends for the first time. Lots of tears were shed, but I honestly had the best time being able to spend a whole week with her. I love this girl, with all my heart and I can't wait to see her again soon. I love you lots girl.
Highlights of Ohana Reads 2016:
1. Since I first started blogging, I've encountered a few Winnipeg Bloggers to talk with online. For the first time this year I've actually had the chance to meet them all in person, and become super close with them. This group consists of Joy from Joyousreads, Kristie from Lost in Ever After, Sara from Just Another Story, Sabrina from Behind the Book Reviews, and Mari, Old and Lauren from The Autumn Bookshelf. We try to hang out at least once every month, and its become something that I look forward to. I love hanging out with these girls, and I can't wait to hang out with them more this year!
2. This year, I was asked to become a member of MYRCA, the Manitoba Young Readers Choice Award. I couldn't be more excited to be apart of something that encourages young readers to read, and honestly, I get to read as a job. MYRCA has already made my life all that more fun, with getting to meet Kenneth Oppel, to just getting to meet every month and discuss Canadian Books that we love. I've only been apart of MYRCA for half a year, but I'm super excited to see where else it takes me.
3. In 2016, I was able to go to my second book convention. I was able to go to BEA 2016, with one of my best friends, Stephanie from Doodle's Book Review. It was sort of a last minute decision on our part, but in the end it was the best decision. Besides meeting Stephanie in person for the first time, I was also able to meet so many other book friends that I had been able to befriend online in the past few years. Obviously bringing home 80+ books was also another highlight, but just making so many memories to look back on was a favourite. Just looking back at that trip, always brings a smile to my face. Although I probably won't be able to do BEA again, anytime soon, I look forward to seeing more friends and attending more signings and conventions in the future!
Goals for 2017:
1. With the end of 2016 being a little iffy for me blog wise, one of my goals for 2017 is to actually make time to plan and write posts for the blog. I love running this blog, and I don't want to give it up or let it die, so I gotta keep up with posts.
2. I've only ever seen Ohana Reads as my own, but it's always nice to switch things up and have other people bring their ideas to the blog. For 2017, I'm going to try to have multiple guest posts on the blog. So if you're interested in maybe having a post or two on Ohana Reads, shoot me an email and I'll try to work something out!
3. It's not really a goal for Ohana Reads, but I want to actually write a book. I've plotted out a few already, and started little things but I'd like to actually write it this year. I'm one of the biggest procrastinators I know, so we'll see how that turns out.
To celebrate another year passing, I have a giveaway for you all. The giveaway features my favourite 2016 releases that I read in 2016! Good luck!
- Ohana Reads Giveaway Policies apply. (Check out the policies page)
- Open to any country that can receive books from Book Depository!
-Price of book limited to $25 Canadian.
-Price of book limited to $25 Canadian.
- Winner gets to choose from any book pictured or any book from one of the series pictured.
- Must have followed @OhanaReads on Twitter, and had Retweeted the Tweet. (I will be checking)
- Giveaway runs until February 6th, 2016.
To enter the giveaway click the link below.
Thank you guys so much for all your support in the last year, I wouldn't have done it without you all! Hopefully 2017 will take it easy on us all, we sure as heck need it!