Wednesday, May 31, 2017

May Wrap Up 2017

   These past couple months have been busy, finishing up with school and just trying to get into the groove of blogging and reading again. To be completely honest, it's been tough. I don't know if it's just because I haven't found the right book to read after A Court of Wings and Ruin, or if I just don't feel like I have anything to say. Either way, me buying/receiving books certainly hasn't stopped. I think this month has brought in the most books than any other month in a while, including Christmas. I've even had to reorganize my bookshelves to make more room for them! 
   I've become pretty much obsessed with the hashtag #BooksForTrade on twitter, basically trading for every Unicorn (Special/Rare ARC), that is important to me and that I can get my hands on. This month alone I received two, and traded for four others. Because of all this trading, I've been debating on writing a post about my favourite unicorns that I own, what do you guys say about that? 
   With my reading slowing down, my books to review has been piling up. So for the month of June, my plans for reading will literally just be books that I need to review, and maybe Lord of Shadows because that book calls to me when I sleep and it's driving me crazy. Anyways, expect to see my June TBR for my next post.
   Besides constantly trading ARCs, I haven't really been up to anything else that's book related. I have been doing a lot of stuff with friends though.
   For May Long Weekend my friends and I took a road trip to Grand Forks, ND to just hang out and do some shopping. Unfortunately the Target we went to was a bust when it came to good books, but otherwise the trip was a lot of fun!
   Besides that, everything has been me at home just doing stuff around the house while also looking for a second part time job for the summer. But we'll see how that goes! 
   That's it for this month! Time for the stats!  

Books Read:


Book Haul:

A Book of Spirits and Thieves by Morgan Rhodes (Hardcover)
The Darkest Magic by Morgan Rhodes (Hardcover)
Trouble is a Friend of Mine by Stephanie Tromly (Hardcover)
Beware that Girl by Teresa Toten (Hardcover)
This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab (Hardcover)
Julia Vanishes by Catherine Egan (Hardcover)
Everyone We've Been by Sarah Everett (Hardcover)
Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy by Cassandra Clare, Sarah Bree Brennan, Maureen Johnson, Robin Wasserman (ARC)
Trouble Makes a Comeback by Stephanie Tromly (Hardcover)
Crystal Storm by Morgan Rhodes (Hardcover)
A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J Maas (Indigo Exclusive Hardcover)
A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J Maas (US Hardcover)
The Crown's Fate by Evelyn Skye (Hardcover)
The Sandcastle Empire by Kayla Olson ( ARC)
The Hearts We Sold by Emily Lloyd-Jones (ARC)
You Bring the Distant Near by Mitali Perkins (ARC)
Wild Beauty by Anna-Marie McLemore (ARC)
Retribution Trails by Erin Bowman (ARC)
The Gentlemen's Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee (ARC)
Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare (Hardcover)
Generation One by Pittacus Lore (ARC)
The Last Magician by Lisa Maxwell (ARC)
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas (ARC)
Godsgrave by Jay Kristoff (ARC)


A HUGE thank you to some many AMAZING people this month, to my sister for the pre-order birthday present of Crown's Fate, to Sabrina for getting me an ARC of Generation One, to McNally for always hooking me up with great ARCs, MYRCA for the amazing year and letting me take home some amazing books, and Harper, Raincoast, Simon & Schuster, St. Martin's Press and Hachette Canada for the incredible review copies!

Books Reviewed:


June Releases that I'm excited For:


   That's it for this month! Hopefully I find that right book that gets me back into reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I do see every comment you make, and will will do my best to reply ASAP. Just remember to check back here later for a reply!