Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Book Review: Warrior of the Wild by Tricia Levenseller

Release Date: February 26th, 2019
Read: February 8-10th, 2019
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Series: Standalone
Format: ARC, 336 pages
Source: McNally Robinson



Description from GoodReads:


How do you kill a god?

As her father's chosen heir, eighteen-year-old Rasmira has trained her whole life to become a warrior and lead her village. But when her coming-of-age trial is sabotaged and she fails the test, her father banishes her to the monster-filled wilderness with an impossible quest: to win back her honour, she must kill the oppressive god who claims tribute from the villages each year or die trying.


Review:


   We stop and we die.
   I read Tricia Levenseller’s Daughter of the Pirate King and Daughter of the Siren Queen in a short span of time, and absolutely loved them. When Warrior of the Wild was announced I just knew I’d be picking up a copy to read. Although the cover never really peaked my interest, I’m certainly happy I picked it up to read. 

   Standalone fantasy novels are not my favourite. Time and time again they've let me down with their ending, how they wrap up the story or overwhelm us with so much information that could have easily let the story become two books. Warrior of the Wild truly surprised me in that regard. The story perfectly started and concluded without any cliffhangers and left me satisfied with the ending. 

   Honestly, everything about the book was refreshing, the story, the monsters, and even the villages. It was a nice change of pace from other fantasy books, and it constantly gave off How to Train Your Dragon vibes. Being a huge fan of the franchise, I couldn't help but love Warrior of the Wild

   Warrior of the Wild was a refreshing and quick read, perfect for anyone looking for a viking and monster inspired story. I look forward to what Tricia Levenseller has in store for us next. 


Rating:


Favourite Quote:

"Girls cry. Warriors don't cry
 I'm allowed to."

Recommend to People Who Enjoy:


Young Adult, Fantasy, Monsters, Gods, Villages, Vikings, How to Train Your Dragon


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I do see every comment you make, and will will do my best to reply ASAP. Just remember to check back here later for a reply!