Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Book Review: Through the Zombie Glass by Gena Showalter

Release Date: September 24th, 2013
Read: February 11th, 2014
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Series: White Rabbit Chronicles, #2
Format: Hardcover, 480 pages
Source: Winnipeg Public Library


Description on GoodReads:


Zombies stalk the night. Forget blood and brains. These monsters hunger for human souls. Sadly, they've got mine...
Alice Bell has lost so much. Family. Friends. A home. She thought she had nothing else to give. She was wrong.
After a new zombie attack, strange things begin to happen to her. Mirrors come to life, and the whispers of the dead assault her ears. But the worst? A terrible darkness blooms inside her, urging her to do very wicked things.
She's never needed her team of zombie slayers more, but ultra bad-boy Cole Holland, the leader and her boyfriend, suddenly withdraws from her...from everyone. Now, with her best friend Kat at her side, Ali must kill the zombies, uncover Cole's secret and learn to fight the darkness.
But the clock is ticking...and if she fails at a single task, they're all doomed.

Review:


Contains Spoilers:

Tick Tok
   The first thing that caught my eye for Through the Zombie Glass was the cover, I've always adored Harlequin Teen's covers. There is always something appealing about them that just makes them my favourites above all the others. What made the cover even better was the fact that the "Mad Hatter" was one of the main themes, he was the character I liked best in the Alice in Wonderland stories because after certain events life changes you and often there is no going back. 
   In the novel we received the same sass we were given in Alice in Zombieland and boy did I love it. The new danger that was Z.A was freaking awesome as well. This book definitely lived up to my expectations, and I'm so glad they did. A few parts that stood out for me were the tattoos and the Cole/Ali couple problem. With the tattoos I loved how Gena symbolized them, with each tattoo each slayer wore it represented a loved one that had moved on. I really liked that, and because tattoos are permanent they'd forever be with them. I feel the same way with books, they made me who I am and I couldn't be who I am today without them so tattooing a quote or something from a favourite of mine shouldn't be a big deal. 
  With Ali and Cole breaking and fighting through out the novel made no sense for me, why does this tend to happen in the second novels in the series? With this series you think Cole would have understood by now that Ali was stubborn, she was going to obviously want to fight the zombies. There was not going to be anyway to stop her, but no he had to go and break up with her to make sure she stayed safe. See? Lots of sass right there. Oh well to the end of the novel they make up anyhow so all is well in the world of Ali and Cole. 
   Alice in Zombieland was a hit, Through the Zombie Glass was even more of a hit! Now all we can do is wait for The Queen of Zombie Hearts and see where that takes us! The Queen of Zombie Hearts releases September 30th, 2014.


Rating:




Favourite Quote:

“My mom once told me a boy would know he’d become a man when he stopped putting himself first. She said a girl would come along and I wouldn’t be able to get her out of my mind. She said this girl would frustrate me, confuse me, and challenge me, but she would also make me do whatever was necessary to be a better man–the man she needed. With you, I want to be better. I want to be what you need. Tell me what you need.” ~ Cole


Recommend to People Who Enjoy:

Young Adult, Fantasy, Paranormal, Romance, Horror, Zombies





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I do see every comment you make, and will will do my best to reply ASAP. Just remember to check back here later for a reply!