Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (29)

The Orphan Queen

Author: Jodi Meadows 
The Orphan Queen #1
Katherine Tegen Books
Expected: March 10th, 2015



Description from GoodReads:


   Wilhelmina has a hundred identities.

   She is a princess. When the Indigo Kingdom conquered her homeland, Wilhelmina and other orphaned children of nobility were taken to Skyvale, the Indigo Kingdom’s capital. Ten years later, they are the Ospreys, experts at stealth and theft. With them, Wilhelmina means to take back her throne.

   She is a spy. Wil and her best friend, Melanie, infiltrate Skyvale Palace to study their foes. They assume the identities of nobles from a wraith-fallen kingdom, but enemies fill the palace, and Melanie’s behavior grows suspicious. With Osprey missions becoming increasingly dangerous and their leader more unstable, Wil can’t trust anyone.

   She is a threat. Wraith is the toxic by-product of magic, and for a century using magic has been forbidden. Still the wraith pours across the continent, reshaping the land and animals into fresh horrors. Soon it will reach the Indigo Kingdom. Wilhelmina’s magic might be the key to stopping the wraith, but if the vigilante Black Knife discovers Wil’s magic, she will vanish like all the others.



Why I Want It:


   I feel like this book has kick ass female written all over it, which is what I need in my life. I need it I tell you! Princesses, along with spies, what else could a girl want? It reminds me of all my childhood princess stories, except this time the princess is strong enough to save herself.



Why You Should Want It:


    Jodi Meadows is a remarkable author, I loved everything about her Newsoul series. The cover to the words on the pages. (Yes I know the cover wasn't her work, but I love it still.) Jodi always likes to bring a bit of magic to her work, so I can't wait to see what she brings us in The Orphan Queen!



   That's my Waiting on Wednesday for today? Will you be picking up The Orphan Queen? What are you waiting on this week? Let me know in the comments!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I do see every comment you make, and will will do my best to reply ASAP. Just remember to check back here later for a reply!