Sunday, October 25, 2015

Book Review: Unspoken by C.C Hunter

Release Date: October 27th, 2015
Read: October 10th-13th, 2015
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Series: Shadow Falls: After Dark, #3
Format: ARC, 416 pages
Source: Publisher in exchange for review



Description from GoodReads:


   Despite her superhuman strength and enhanced senses, Della Tsang's life as a vampire certainly hasn't been easy. Especially since she was reborn and bound to the mysterious, infuriating, and gorgeous Chase Tallman. 

   But if there's one thing that's always kept Della going, it's her dream of being an elite paranormal investigator. Her newest case is the opportunity she's been waiting for, but as Della tries to solve the twenty year old murder and clear her father's name. She uncovers secrets about the vampire council. And about Chase. 


   Feeling betrayed by all the secrets he's kept hidden from her, Della is determined to keep him as far away from her heart as she can. But she'll need his help to solve the case that will lead them into the darkest and ugliest vampire gangs in town and into the scariest reaches of her heart.


Review:


Contains Minor Spoiler:

   I would have liked the choice!
   Shadow Falls was one of my all time favourite series, when I heard of Shadow Falls: After Dark I couldn't have been more excited. The first two books definitely had a different feel than the original series, the same went with Unspoken. Where the original series was all about the supernatural, Shadow Falls: After Dark was more about the FRU, like I said in my Eternal review. The FRU being the supernatural investigation group in the series, so like the FBI but supernatural. If you enjoy'd the original series, and crime then this prequel series is for you.
   Della being the main character, we obviously saw a lot of her. Where I love Della, I had really hoped we'd see a bit more of Kylie and Miranda, especially them all together. After Della and Kylie have gotten their own series, I get this odd feeling that Miranda will be getting one soon.
   I became used to the investigation feel to the series when I started Unspoken, so I was able to enjoy the book to its full extent unlike Eternal. The investigation was finally solved in this final book and I couldn't have done it better myself. Especially with the way it ended, the truth coming out at the end.
   I really like how Hunter established the connection between Della and Chase, where I was always team Steve, I can see still admit to saying Hunter knew what she was doing with the two. In the end, I was okay with who Della ended up with.
   With Unspoken being the last book in the After Dark series, we probably won't be seeing the characters anytime soon. But with both endings that we got, I couldn't be happier with where we stand! If Hunter decides to write another prequel series, you can sign me up for that waiting list!


Rating:



Favourite Quote:


"She ... wanted to know what love tasted like." - Della


Recommend to People Who Enjoy:


Young Adult, Paranormal, Fantasy, Supernatural, Vampires, Shape shifters, Witches




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I do see every comment you make, and will will do my best to reply ASAP. Just remember to check back here later for a reply!