Saturday, August 6, 2016

Book Review: The Lorien Legacies by Pittacus Lore

I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore


Release Date: August 3rd, 2010
Read: 2011
Publisher: HarperCollins
Series: The Lorien Legacies, #1
Format: Hardcover, 440 pages
Source: Gift



Description from GoodReads:


   Nine of us came here. We look like you. We talk like you. We live among you. But we are not you. We can do things you dream of doing. We have powers you dream of having. We are stronger and faster than anything you have ever seen. We are the superheroes you worship in movies and comic books--but we are real.

   Our plan was to grow, and train, and become strong, and become one, and fight them. But they found us and started hunting us first. Now all of us are running. Spending our lives in shadows, in places where no one would look, blending in. We have lived among you without you knowing.

   But they know.

   They caught Number One in Malaysia.
   Number Two in England.
   And Number Three in Kenya.
   They killed them all.

   I am Number Four.

   I am next.


United As One by Pittacus Lore


Release Date: June 28th, 2016
Read: July 12th-15th, 2016
Publisher: HarperCollins
Series: Lorien Legacies, #7
Format: Hardcover, 449 pages
Source: Bought



Description from GoodReads:


   The Mogadorians have invaded Earth. Their warships loom over our most populated cities, and no country will risk taking them head on. The Garde are all that stand in the way, but they’ll need an army of their own to win this fight.



   They’ve teamed up with the US military, but it might not be enough. The Garde need reinforcements, and they’ve found them in the most unexpected place. Teenagers from across the globe, like John Smith’s best friend, Sam, have developed abilities. So John and the others must get to them before the Mogs, because if they don’t their enemies will use these gifted teens for their own sinister plan.



   But after all the Mogadorians have taken from John—his home, his family, his friends, and the person he loves most—he might not want to put any more lives in danger. He’s got nothing left to lose, and he’s just discovered he has been given an incredible new Legacy. Now he can turn himself into the ultimate weapon. So will he risk his life to save the world, or will he realize that power in numbers will save us all?

Review:


Contains Spoilers:

   We're coming.
   I read the first book in the Lorien Legacies series way back in 2011, when they had first announced the I Am Number Four movie. I had asked for it for my birthday, and luckily I had gotten it. I fell in love instantly, and demanded the sequel, having only to wait a few months and an addiction to the series was born.
   Being a series of 7 books, with a new one releasing each year, I felt like I grew alongside the characters. From starting off with Number Four/John to meeting all the others, like Six, Eight, Seven and even our little surprise of meeting Ella/Ten. You couldn't not have a favourite that you'd be rooting for surviving, or becoming super bad ass! I'm going to miss them now that I'm done with them.
   I really enjoyed how planned out the whole story was, with everything leading up to the final battle.  But with large build ups, you're always going to expect something different they what you got or you're to be let down in some way. With United as One I'm happy to say that I was satisfied with the ending we received, of course there were a few things that I wish were different but overall I enjoyed it.
   The Lorien Legacies is one of my favourite series, and no matter what I say about them, my words won't do the series justice. With Pittacus Lore being a pseudonym for both James Frey and Jobie Hughes , I do hope they come together to write something else in the future!
   

Overall Rating:






Favourite Quotes:


"It's the little mistakes that lead to big mistakes." - I Am Number Four

"The only limits for tomorrow are the doubts we have today." - The Power of Six

"Only by leaving someone good can you meet someone better." - The Rise of Nine

"There's no set futures, only the one we make." - The Fall of Five

"People tend to change when they find out aliens are real." - The Revenge of Seven

"I still don't have all the answers, but I'm no longer afraid to confront the questions."- The Fate of Ten

"It's not an easy thing, deciding how much to sacrifice." - United As One


Recommend to People Who Enjoy:


Young Adult, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Aliens, Invasions, Superpowers, Survival 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I do see every comment you make, and will will do my best to reply ASAP. Just remember to check back here later for a reply!