Friday, July 18, 2014

Ohana Talks: Book Acknowledgements


   For the past week, every day I've ran to my mail box waiting for a special parcel. I think I might have driven my family a bit mad with me being so anxious, oh well. Anyhow after all that running back and fourth my parcel finally arrived today! What's so special about this particular parcel? Well for one it's a book. Obviously. This book happened to be Diamonds in the Rough by Michelle Madow.  I had many different reasons for this book to be special to me.



1. It's an ARC!



   I was very lucky to have received an ARC of Diamonds in the Rough from the lovely author herself because I am a part of her street team.

   (You can still join the street team if you'd like! Click here!)



2. It's Signed!


 
   Since the ARC was from the author herself, she was marvellous enough to sign it for me as well!

Even as incredible as those two things sound, they are not what have me going out of my mind with giddy.



3. I'm in the book!



   As a blogger you always hear about other bloggers getting acknowledged in books. Sometimes they're good friends with the author or sometimes they just happen to be on the author's street team. I'd like to say that both of those apply to me:) My blogger friends would say that soon enough my name would be in a book, and now I am! 
   When I first open my package and started to flip through the pages to the acknowledgements, I started to cry when I saw my name. Getting your name in a book doesn't happen everyday, but when it does happen it reminds you that even though you may be a lesser known blogger, you are still making a big difference in the lives of authors everywhere. I have to say that it makes all the hard work worth it. 
   So thank you Michelle for making my day, no my year. I don't think I could ever thank you enough,  having my name in one of your books means so much to me. Thank you. I just know I'm going to love Diamonds in the Rough and all of the other books you'll write. 





Diamonds in the Rough by Michelle Madow


Release Date: October 28th, 2014
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Series: The Secret Diamond Sisters #2


Description from GoodReads:


   All-access doesn't mean no problems.


   The three Diamond sisters survived the summer in style after coming to live with their long-lost billionaire father. But making a place for themselves at their exclusive new Las Vegas private school is throwing them any number of gold-plated curves. Savannah's YouTube stardom turns into a Sweet Sixteen reality show extravaganza with complimentary enemies on the side. Dangerous flirtations don't keep Peyton from a gamble that will risk far more than she planned to bet. And when Courtney and the sisters' archenemy, Madison, uncover two explosive secrets, it will rock even this town of glittering illusion and turn their lives upside down all over again.

2 comments:

  1. wow! i hope i could have my arc of it soon too! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm too nervous to read it! As soon as I read it I'm just going to die waiting for the third one!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I do see every comment you make, and will will do my best to reply ASAP. Just remember to check back here later for a reply!