Friday, December 26, 2014

Book Review: Eternal by C.C Hunter

Release Date: October 28th, 2014
Read: December 2nd- December 24th, 2014
Publisher: St. Marten's Griffin 
Series: Shadow Falls: After Dark #2
Format: Paperback, 386 Pages
Source: Received from publisher in exchange for honest review.



Description from GoodReads:


   All her life, Della's secret powers have made her feel separated from her human family. Now, she's where she belongs, at Shadow Falls. With the help of her best friends Kylie and Miranda, she’ll try to prove herself in the paranormal world as an investigator—all the while trying to figure out her own heart. Should she chose Chase, a powerful vampire with whom she shares a special bond? Or Steve, the hot shapeshifter whose kisses make her weak in the knees? When a person with dark connection to her past shows up, it’ll help her decide which guy to choose–and make her question everything she knows about herself. 


Review:


   Ready or not, here we come.
   After Shadow Falls ended, I was heartbroken. I needed to know how their lives went on, Kylie and Lucas, Miranda and Perry, Holiday and the baby. Shadow Falls: After Dark was another chance at living the lives of those wonderful characters. Everything we wanted more of, we got.
   The only thing with both Reborn and Eternal, was that I felt like I couldn't connect with Della as well as I did with Kylie. There was too much tension going on that I felt like there was a barrier between Della and I. I did enjoy learning more about Della's secretive family, she just does not click with me like Kylie did.
   In the first Shadow Falls we had Kylie uncover secrets and work a bit for the FRU. Eternal was almost all of FRU rather then about the camp. To be exact it felt more of a crime mystery than a supernatural book. Sure they had their powers shown here and there, but that's not why I wanted to read Eternal for. I wanted the magic and teen angst, not a cop book.
   No matter the problems I had with the book, I was still delighted by the story that is of the people of Shadow Falls. I look forward to Unspoken when it releases July 2015.

Rating:


Favourite Quote:


“Della's heart did a dip, feeling the emotional tug of seeing two people who were so right for each other." 



Recommend to People Who Enjoy:


Young Adult, Fantasy, Paranormal, Supernatural, Romance, Vampires, Ghosts, Witches





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I do see every comment you make, and will will do my best to reply ASAP. Just remember to check back here later for a reply!