Saturday, June 20, 2015

Book Review: The Queen of Zombie Hearts by Gena Showalter

Release Date: September 30th, 2014
Read: June 3rd-4th, 2015
Publisher: HarlequinTeen
Series: The White Rabbit Chronicles, #3
Format: Hardcover, 464 pages
Source: Own



Description from GoodReads:


   I have a plan. 

   We'll either destroy them for good, or they'll destroy us. 

   Either way, only one of us is walking away. 

   In the stunning conclusion to the wildly popular White Rabbit Chronicles, Alice "Ali" Bell thinks the worst is behind her. She's ready to take the next step with boyfriend Cole Holland, the leader of the zombie slayers…until Anima Industries, the agency controlling the zombies, launches a sneak attack, killing four of her friends. It's then she realizes that humans can be more dangerous than monsters…and the worst has only begun. 

   As the surviving slayers prepare for war, Ali discovers she, too, can control the zombies…and she isn't the girl she thought she was. She's connected to the woman responsible for killing—and turning—Cole's mother. How can their relationship endure? As secrets come to light, and more slayers are taken or killed, Ali will fight harder than ever to bring down Anima—even sacrificing her own life for those she loves.


Review:


   Roses are red, violets are blue, I have five fingers, the middle one is for you.
   In Summer of 2014 I was dying to get my hands on The Queen of Zombie Hearts, when it came to the release date I had promised myself that I'd go out and get it ASAP. Of course that never happened, it wasn't until my sister had received it for Christmas that I was able to consider reading it, but we have a rule in our house. If the book is new then the owner has to read it before anyone else does. So it wasn't till the beginning of June 2015 that I actually got to read it.
   I'm not sure if it was because I've matured since I last read Through the Zombie Glass, but I found all the characters in the book to be unbelievably annoying and clingy? They were immature to me. The girls made me feel ashamed to be the same gender as them, they clung and relied on their 'boyfriends' way too much.
   I also felt like Gena Showalter's adult writing seeped into this book a little bit. I understand that young adults do have sex, in YA books and real life but there were parts in the book that implied more 'interesting' things and it freaked me out thinking that my little sister had read those scenes. To me it was just a little too much, I'm not sure how everyone else felt about this matter though.
   Besides the two things said above, I rather enjoyed The Queen of Zombie Hearts. It was a fun and funky read, Showalter knew exactly how to end a series. I'm looking forward to A Mad Zombie Party which is set to release September 2015.


Rating:




Favourite Quote:


"Does Cole know you're made of ice?"

"Yes. He likes to melt me.”


Recommend to People Who Enjoy:


Young Adult, Fantasy, Paranormal, Romance, Zombies, Zombie Hunters 




1 comment:

  1. Haha, those quotes are pretty funny. Great review! xD -Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I do see every comment you make, and will will do my best to reply ASAP. Just remember to check back here later for a reply!