Saturday, May 21, 2016

Book Signing: The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater

   I first read a Stiefvater book in grade 7, so roughly 5 years ago. I still remember being kicked out of class while reading Linger, because my teacher was so fed up with me reading it in class rather than reading the assigned book. (I had done this with Shiver as well.) From then, I remember rushing to pick up the then, finale book in the series Forever. I also did this a year and bit later when The Raven Boys released. Since then I've read the book twice in hopes that I'd have time to continue the series, unfortunately that still hasn't happened. Hopefully after this signing, I will finally have the time to finish the series.  

   While in Chicago for BEA 2016 with my friend Stephanie @ Doodle's Book Reviews, we were able to check out the Raven King signing in Naperville, IL. Both of us being huge fans of Maggie, we knew we were in for a treat before all the bookish madness that would follow in the following days. (Although if you ask to see Steph's collection of Maggie books, then oooooh boy you'd definitely see that she's an ultimate fan.) 

   Maggie spent the signing discussing her past profession as a for hire artist, talking about that moment when she just couldn't do it anymore because of one scarring piece she had to do. (See video below).


   From there she went onto telling us how she once put a picture of her boob on Twitter, and having her publisher retweeted it. In all it was a hilarious story, involving a goat, some very reflective sunglasses and a shower. I think what made it better was the fact that the stores speaker system was also on, outside. So everyone passing by also heard the story aha.

Maggie looking like a proud mother after signing my books.
 Then finally it was signing time, having brought my hardback of The Raven Boys from home, I was able to get that and a new hardback of The Raven King signed. 
   In all it was a wonderful signing, even with me being half dead because of having flown earlier in the day. Maggie was a wonderful person to have met, and I hope that I'll be able to go to future signings of hers as well!

The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater


Release Date: April 26th, 2016
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Series: The Raven Cycle, #4
Format: Hardcover, 439 pages



Description from GoodReads:


   Nothing living is safe. Nothing dead is to be trusted.

   For years, Gansey has been on a quest to find a lost king. One by one, he’s drawn others into this quest: Ronan, who steals from dreams; Adam, whose life is no longer his own; Noah, whose life is no longer a lie; and Blue, who loves Gansey…and is certain she is destined to kill him.

   Now the endgame has begun. Dreams and nightmares are converging. Love and loss are inseparable. And the quest refuses to be pinned to a path.

   
   And don't forget to check out the first three books in the series, below!

The Raven Boys, #1


The Dream Thieves, #2


Blue Lily, Lily Blue, #3


   Have you ever met Maggie before? Were you at the signing? Would you ever want to meet her in person? Tell me your stories! I'd love to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I do see every comment you make, and will will do my best to reply ASAP. Just remember to check back here later for a reply!