Thursday, June 13, 2019

Book Review: Finale by Stephanie Garber

Release Date: May 7th, 2019
Read: May 24th-26, 2019
Publisher: Flatrion Books
Series: Caraval, #3
Format: ARC, 496 pages
Source: McNally Robinson Booksellers




Description from GoodReads:


A love worth fighting for. A dream worth dying for. An ending worth waiting for.

It’s been two months since the Fates were freed from a deck of cards, two months since Legend claimed the throne for his own, and two months since Tella discovered the boy she fell in love with doesn’t really exist.

With lives, empires, and hearts hanging in the balance, Tella must decide if she’s going to trust Legend or a former enemy. After uncovering a secret that upends her life, Scarlett will need to do the impossible. And Legend has a choice to make that will forever change and define him.

Caraval is over, but perhaps the greatest game of all has begun. There are no spectators this time: only those who will win, and those who will lose everything.

Welcome, welcome to Finale. All games must come to an end…


Review:


   Just because something is real doesn't mean you believe in it.
   If you’ve read my previous reviews of Caraval and Legendary, then you know I’ve had a love hate relationship with the series. I DNF’d Caraval, almost three times, but absolutely couldn’t get enough of Legendary. In the end, I just had to read Finale, especially with such a gorgeous cover. 

   Like Legendary, Finale actually confirmed that magic was real and dangerous beings were all around them. Now that the evil from the deck of destiny have been released, Scarlet and her sister Tella spend the book trying to save the kingdom from the cards that their mother originally locked up. The book rotates between both the sisters perspectives, giving you a nice blend of Caraval and Legendary. As I didn’t love Caraval, I found myself always anticipating Tella’s chapters. 

   As her first official conclusion to a series, Stephanie Garber really nailed the ending. You can tell that she had really thought out the last two books, intertwining and leaving details that eventually built up to shocking surprises and happily ever after. 

   Besides a slight issue I had, something from my aromantic perspective, I absolutely adored Finale

   If you asked me while I was reading Caraval, if I’d ever come to love this series, I’d never believe you. Now, I’m proud to say I’m a fan and that I look forward to what Stephanie Garber has in store for us next. 

Check out Ohana Reads' reviews of Caraval and Legendary here.

Rating:



Favourite Quote:


“Occasionally, there are minutes that get extra seconds. Moments so precious the universe stretches to make additional room for them.”


Recommend to People Who Enjoy:


Young Adult, Fantasy, Magic, Tarot, Murder, Mystery 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I do see every comment you make, and will will do my best to reply ASAP. Just remember to check back here later for a reply!