Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (19)

Frostfire

Author: Amanda Hocking
The Kanin Chronicles #1
Expected: January 6th, 2014
St. Martin's Griffin


Description from GoodReads:


   Bryn Aven is an outcast among the Kanin, the most powerful of the troll tribes.

   Set apart by her heritage and her past, Bryn is a tracker who's determined to become a respected part of her world. She has just one goal: become a member of the elite King’s Guard to protect the royal family. She's not going to let anything stand in her way, not even a forbidden romance with her boss Ridley Dresden.

   But all her plans for the future are put on hold when Konstantin– a fallen hero she once loved – begins kidnapping changelings. Bryn is sent in to help stop him, but will she lose her heart in the process? 

Why I Want It:


   I adored the series that started it all, the Trylle series. The books were a very entertaining and thrilling read, the books were also my first encounter in books with *Spoiler* homosexuals. I definitely felt like we needed more books with characters like Tove. Along with the storyline of the Trylle series, it was one heck of a series. This is why I'm excited to see where Hocking takes us with this next series!


Why You Should Want It:


   This series fantasy element is trolls! The Trylle series is the only series I've read that featured troll, besides the odd sighting here and there in other books! I don't want to pull you in because of this, but with the latest excitement that is Frozen. If you happen to be in the mood for a troll book, this series and the Trylle series are your pals!



   That's my Waiting on Wednesday for this week! Will you be picking up Frostfire? What are you waiting on this week? Let me know in the comments!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I do see every comment you make, and will will do my best to reply ASAP. Just remember to check back here later for a reply!